To achieve higher ranking in Google, one should have a website, which is updated on regular intervals in terms of content addition and modification, news, articles, blogs, case studies etc. Among these, blogs can really prove beneficial in augmenting your website’s information. Different platforms are used for managing blogs, like WordPress, highly acknowledged for its flexibility and being open source. In WordPress, variety of plug ins are available, some essential ones are:
- Template design – Whichever theme you will select, it will describe you, which files have to be updated and what changes have to be made in CSS file.
- Permalinks – You have to customize and personalize your URL’s as per your requirement.
- WWW or no WWW – In the general setting section, two addresses are there, one is WordPress address and other is blog address. These two addresses must contain either www or no www, though it’s beneficial to use www to maintain the consistency of site.
- Necessary plug ins – Variety of free plug ins are available, which ever you think is essential can be installed easily. SEO plug ins and XML site map are beneficial for blogging and high search rankings.
- SEO plug in – HeadSpace2 is one of the most popular SEO plug in. All in one SEO pack allows for custom meta description tags, title and page URL’s.
- XML sitemap plug in – With the help of Google site map plug in, you can automatically generate XML site map and submit it in Google.
A well-optimized and promoted web site consisted with relevant updated content raises its chances for higher search ranking in Google. WordPress makes this task very simple and easy to do.